- What Makes Quality Soil?
- Appropriate moisture content
- Living organisms in the topsoil
- Physical Structure of the soil
- Physical Structure of the Soil
- The inorganic portion of soil is made up of particles of varying size including gravel, sand, silt, and clay.
- Soil Scientists use the approximate ratio of sand, silt, and clay to categorize soils and give them their names.
- A soil triangle is a tool that can be used to determine the name of a soil if the percentages of sand, silt and clay are known.